Prof. Dr. Ibrahim Hamed Al Astal
Islamic University – Gaza , Faculty of Education
E mail: email@example.com
Mobile No.: +970597878086
Prof.Dr. Ibrahim Hamed Al Astal is a Professor of Curriculum and Mathematics Teaching Methods. He obtained his PhD in 1996. since then, he has been teaching several courses at Al Ain University (UAE), Ajman University of Science and Technology ( UAE), and Islamic University of Gaza IUG for Bachelor, Master, and PhD students including:
- Methods of Teaching Mathematics
- Teaching Strategies
- Research Methodology
- Research Seminar
- Curriculum Development
- Statistics for Social Sciences
- Curriculum and Teaching Thinking
Academic and Administrative Duties in Islamic University – Gaza :
- Dean – Faculty of Education. Islamic University – Gaza ( IU-GAZA) from 1st September 2019
- Editor- in- Chief of IUG Journal of Educational and Psychological Studies, IUG, Gaza
- Member of steering committee of the project: Developing the Teacher Education Preparation for Early Children Education and Elementary School in Palestine and Norway , led by University of South-Eastern Norway from January 2019 .
- Director of Center for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Education (CEMSE)-IUG ) September 2018- September 2019), (August 2013- August 2015)
- Dean of South Branch, Islamic University – Gaza ( IU-GAZA). (August 2015-August 2017).
- Vice Dean – Faculty of Education. Islamic University – Gaza ( IU-GAZA).( September 2013-August 2015) .
- Head of Curriculum and Teaching Methods Department , Faculty of Education . Islamic University – Gaza ( IU-GAZA).( September 2011- August 2013) .
- Director of Steering Committee of Excellence Center of Math. And Science Teaching development in Palestine . Islamic University – Gaza , from 2013 .
- Coordinator of Teacher Education Improvement Programme (TEIP) , funded by international bank Ministry of Education& Higher Education State of Palestine ( 2011- 2019)
- Member of steering committee of the project: Mathematics Education Pre-service Teacher Education Development Program , led by the Arab American University-Jenin (AAUJ) in partnership with Institute of Education (University Of London) Gaza.(2010 – 2012) .
Coordinator of the project ” Improving the Quality of Technology Education Teacher Preparation Programs in the Universities and Colleges in Gaza Strip “ The Project Funded IDA and EU , under the supervision of( QIF) – Gaza.2010.
Main research interests
- Integrating Technology in Teaching Mathematics
- Mathematical Knowledge for Teacher
- Mathematical Teacher Education
- The Effective Teaching of Mathematics
- Mathematics Teaching Strategies
السيرة الذاتية أ.د . إبراهيم حامد الأسطل مايو